Road safety is important, but child safety is all the more important as they are super delicate compared to grown-ups. It’s better to be safe than sorry, and hence when you are travelling with your baby, it is inevitable that you use car seats to buckle your baby up all the way and be safe. If you are not too sure about the necessity of car seats, here are a few reasons why you should be sure about it.
Firmest support system
Infants are delicate and highly demanding. They need our support from being fed, washed up, and carried around to being put to sleep. On this note, when there is a sudden jerk caused by an unfortunate accident, it is impossible for them to balance or hold on stronger to something solid to protect themselves from being hurt or thrown out. Their grip game is too weak as they are not there yet. This is where car seats come to rescue by holding them firmly to the seat and protecting them from being jostled.
Because the RTA says so!
The updated rules by RTA in UAE has made the use of car seats mandatory for children under the age of four while travelling by car. This is on the ground that car seats protect the baby from fatal accidents to a large extent and is proven to have drastically cut down the chances of injuries caused by such accidents. It is also mandatory to buckle up children below 10 years with seat belts according to the rule. No children below the age of 10 are allowed to sit in the front seat with other passengers. If you by any chance violate the rules mentioned above, be ready to pay a fine of AED 400 and get slammed with four black points.
That being said, merely getting a random car seat may not necessarily promise you the safety that you look forward to having. Ideally, it is important that you consider the quality of the car seat as well before giving it a shot. Here are a few pointers that could come in handy if you are meaning to buy car seats online in dubai
- The car seats should pass crash tests to make sure that it won’t give up at the hour of emergency.
- It should carry proper labeling and should be specifically classified according to different age groups and weight categories.
- It should be certified by the Emirates Authority for Standardization and Metrology (ESMA) that conforms to the standards set by the European Union and United States.
- The design of the seat should ensure the right posture, as neck protection is extremely important for a child. The neck of a child is prone to more injuries no matter how minor the accident is.
- Once you get the car seat, do not hesitate to ask for professional help to get it installed in your car the right way. Even if the car seat is of high quality, a shortcoming in the installation may lead your child to unnecessary danger.
- Learn how to strap the child up. Cases have been reported where strapping the child wrongly has caused great injuries.
- Opt for rear-facing infant carriers for children of age group upto 12 months, who could weigh up to 10kg and 13kg
- Get child seats for children of age group between nine months to four years who would be weighing between 9kg to 18kg
- Go for full booster seats and cushions for children of age group between three and a half years to six years whose weight would be between 15kg to 25 kg
Every child is precious. As parents, it is your responsibility to ensure that they are safe until they learn to live on their own. Parenting is a beautiful experience, and taking necessary precautions can make it even more blissful and peaceful. So go ahead and place your order now to buy a car seat online to be on the safe side.