Why Organic Baby Clothing?
Conventional (non-organic) cotton is one of the most widely grown and chemical intensive crops in the world. Just like you wouldn't voluntarily rub chemicals on your baby's skin, you wouldn’t want to place them against your baby's skin all day long. Organic clothing is free of harsh chemicals that could irritate your baby’s skin. It also happens to be unbleached, untreated, and unbelievably soft.
So we ask you to try your best to buy organic, so we can have healthier & happier babies; and a safer place for them to grow!
1) Organic cotton is a natural and breathable fiber. Whether it's the soft and plush organic knit terry of our bath collection or the sweet baby ribbed cotton of our basics layette collection, each piece feels so wonderful against the skin.
2) Organic cotton is grown without synthetic pesticides or fertilizers, so there are no residues in the fabric when it gets to your nursery. That's good news, especially for soft and sensitive new skin.
3) Organic farming methods support the land and the ecosystems around them. And organic cotton is never grown from genetically modified seed.
4) Organic farming provides a viable alternative to the large-scale conventional farming model. Farmers work without the presence of toxic synthetic pesticides and fertilizers, and that's good for both their own health and the health of the land they farm.
5) Our organic cotton washes well, and not only does it hold up beautifully through wash after wash, it gets even softer over time, all the while maintaining a great fit. For you, that means more cozy wrap-ups in the softest hooded towels, more cuddles in his favorite footie pajamas, and more days at the park in her sweet and cozy dress. For us, that means a product we can stand behind with full confidence. It’s just one more way we love to help you nurture your baby, naturally.
We believe in people and brands who make products for a healthy planet. Unfortunately, even if labeled "all-natural" or "organic," baby clothing can still be filled with harmful chemicals. We know as a parent you are busy and you can't research every brand you buy, so we have done all of the research for you. When you shop my organic baby shop you can be sure our clothing is truly organic and meets the sustainability standards.