Lodge - 16.5 Cm / 6.5 Inch Pre-Seasoned Cast Iron Round Skillet/Frying Pan, Black
100 Authentic Products
cash on delivery
Lodge Cast Iron Skillets/Frying Pans - an Essential Tool for Every Kitchen.Whether you need to scramble an egg, fry a chicken, sear a steak or sauté your vegetables, Lodge offer a vast array of traditional cast iron skillets that are perfect for the job. Ranging in size from 8 to 43 centimetres (3.5 to 17 inches), and available with and without lids, the skillets boast essential features such as assist handles for easy lifting and side lips for effortless pouring. The assortment also includes skillets with additional depth that are designed for tasks such as deep frying and oven baking. Fabulously adaptable, a Lodge cast iron skillet is an essential tool for every kitchen.About Lodge - 100 Years and Still Cooking
Originally established by Joseph Lodge in 1896 - and with over 118 years of experience - Lodge is renowned for producing the finest cast iron cookware in the world. The family-owned company, based in South Pittsburg (Tennessee), is the only remaining manufacturer of cast iron cookware in the USA. The business has survived two World Wars and the Great Depression and continues to prosper today due to its legacy of quality and dedication to improving manufacturing methods.Why Cast Iron? Cast iron provides the finest heat distribution and retention of any cookware metal. The heat spreads rapidly and evenly across both the bottom and sides of the material and stays hot for a prolonged period of time. It is also extremely versatile and can be used to sear, fry, sauté, grill, roast, bake, braise and broil - both indoors or out. Cast iron will tolerate any heat source (except microwaves) and is therefore suitable for induction, ceramic, electric and gas cooktops. It will perform effortlessly in the oven, on the stove, in the grill and even on barbecues/campfires. The material is also brutally durable to the point of being almost indestructible. In fact, amazingly, some of the very first skillets, griddles and Dutch ovens, produced more than 100 years ago, are still being used in kitchens today!
- 16.51 cm/ 6.5 inch inch skillet/frying pan - ideal size for small meals, side dishes and cakes
- Features an assist handle so that the skillet/frying pan can be easily lifted and maneuvered.
- Two subtle side lips enable simple and mess-free pouring
- Pre-seasoned at Lodge's foundry for a natural, easy-release finish that improves with use
- Unparalleled distribution and retention of heat ensures rapid and efficient cooking
- Suitable for use on induction, ceramic, electric and gas cooktops, as well as in the oven, on the stove, in the grill and on barbecues/campfires
- Extremely versatile - can be used to sear, fry, sauté, grill, roast, bake, braise and broil (both indoors or out)